No Regrets Christmas Party Tips
Christmas is approaching and that means so are the parties and temptations. The good news is that we can still have a fabulous time and enjoy all the treats without waking up the next morning regretting everything we ate, drank or did.
I have put together some tips that I have developed through trial and error and that continue to work for me today.
Before you get there – Plan, Plan, Plan
– Find out what will be on the menu and choose your meal wisely before you go to the party. Otherwise you may get distracted with the festivities and choose meals that may not be the best option for you. You can even plan what you are going to drink.
– Eat something before you go. Don’t arrive at the party feeling hungry because you have ‘saved your appetite’. You will end up splurging on high calorie foods that you do not need. Eat a little protein and fibre such as yoghurt and a piece of fruit.
You have arrived – Enjoy don’t destroy
– You do not have to order exactly what is on the menu. Most chefs are happy to make variations upon request. For example, if the Fish of the Day is beer battered fish – ask that it be grilled with vegetables or salad instead of chips.
– Ask for dressings and sauces on the side so that you can control how much you eat.
– Choose meals described as steamed, grilled, baked, sautéed, stir-fried or poached not fried, crumbed, battered, creamy or in coconut milk.
– At a buffet – place a maximum of three different types of foods on your plate so that you choose what you really desire and can savour the individual tastes of your food.
– Do not stand next to the food table. Walk away! Enjoy the company of your family and friends or make yourself useful by helping the hosts!
– Pour your own drinks so that you keep track of how much you are drinking and frequently take a break from alcohol and drink a sparkling mineral water instead (have it in a Champagne glass – far more elegant!). Do not allow your drinks to be topped up – it is so easy to lose track of what you are drinking this way.
– Dance up a storm – what a great way to do your exercise and burn those calories.
The day of reckoning – what happened?
– If you have had a great time, enjoyed your special treats that you planned for and did not over indulge – Well Done! Now you can do this again & again!
– If not – reflect back and ask yourself what went wrong so that you develop a strategy for the next party. Don’t beat yourself up! We have all been there. Learn from all your experiences.
– Do more exercise than you would normally, such as an extra-long power walk to burn away any additional calories.
– Do not continue splurging just because you “broke your diet”. That was yesterday and today is a new day and a new start.
Wishing you a wonderful guilt free Xmas with no regrets!
About Helen Mitas
As a passionate and committed Clinical Hypnotherapist, Founder of Hypnofit Helen Mitas has helped thousands of people radically enhance their Energy, Vitality and Motivation through her renowned and ground breaking Hypnofit Wellness Hypnosis Programs, and Fast Track to Fabulous motivation workshops.
You may also like